eZ Publish (pronounced “easy publish”) is an open source enterprise PHP content management system developed by the Norwegian company eZ Systems. eZ Publish is freely available under the GNU GPL version 2 license, as well as under proprietary licenses that include commercial support.
eZ Systems, the maker of the eZ Publish Platform, announced the availability of eZ Publish Platform 5.1. With this version, the second so far in the new 5.x series, eZ has consolidated the strategic direction of its product and service initiated in 2012. Developers will benefit from increased stability, performance and maturity whilst a range of new additions will add value for marketers and business users expanding from a pure content management need to digital experience management. The eZ Publish Platform offers an increasingly integrated set of solutions for organizations of all types to build compelling content-driven digital experiences to cover the whole Create Deliver Optimize content lifecycle management vision that eZ has set out to offer the market.
What’s new in eZ Publish 5.1
The highlights of the new benefits for developers are:
- The fastest eZ version ever thanks to the Symfony web framework and the improvements of Symfony 2.2
- A redesigned cluster support for high traffic websites, which now makes it possible to run with the new kernel of the platform in a cluster setup as much as with the legacy version.
- Improvement of the eZ Publish 5 REST API with new support for sessions and XSRF
- A new data cache system that enables you to multiply performance of website when operating in dynamic mode
- Full support for the multi-site management feature in the new web framework
- The support in the new kernel for new field types including the rendering of eZ Flow landing pages
- New completed demo sites, a cookbook, improved documentation and tutorials.
The eZ Publish Community Project is available for free download at http://share.ez.no/downloads
For more information, a full list of the improvements, bug fixes and new features brought to the eZ Publish core platform is available in the technical release notes.