Something exciting in the Joomlasphere has been brewing the past few months and today, the Joomla project announces the release of Joomla 3.2.0.
What’s new in Joomla 3.2.0
Some of the new features from Joomla 3.2
– Content Version Control
– Built-in Extensions Finder
– Increased Security
– Easy Multilingual Setup
– User Interface Improvements
– Module ACL
The other new features of the Joomla! 3 series
– Incorporation of Twitter Bootstrap into a jui media package.
– A new responsive administrator template –Isis– and interface.
– A new front end template –Protostar– built using Twitter Bootstrap
– Updated accessible template called Beez3
– PostgreSQL Driver. You will be able to run Joomla 3 sites using the PostgreSQL database.
– PHP Memcached Driver
– Installation of language packages directly from the extension manager
– Guest user group present by default
– Saving blank articles allowed
– Use of JFeed for feed management rather than SimplePie
– Unit testing in the CMS
– Updated system tests in the CMS
– Show logs in debug console
– Refactor installation to use new application and MVC classes
– Add pagination in COM_SEARCH component
– Added triggers on save for com_config
– Multilanguage: adding items associations in remaining core components.
– Language Installation tool for the Joomla Installer.
– Items associations in multi-language
– Allow different update packages for different version dev levels
– New administrator statistics module
– Continued clean up of older unused code, files and database fields and tables and improved standardization of tables.
– Improvements to Smart Search
– Extensive work on code style standardisation and consistency
Version 3.2.0 of this popular CMS is ready for download here.
You can read the detailed release notes at: http://developer.joomla.org/version-3-2-0-release-notes.html