WordPress team announced new version 3.7 of the popular CMS, named for Count Basie.
What’s new in WordPress 3.7
- Automatic updates for maintenance and security updates.
- Daily updates for developers using nightly builds.
Stronger Password Meter
New password meter to encourage users to choose stronger passwords.
More relevant search results.
Better Global Support
- Localized versions will receive faster and more complete translations.
- Background updates will include translations
There are also many other improvements under the hood.
- Fix terms with a post count of 0 returning if ‘hide_empty’ is true.
- Fix allowing https URL enclosures
- Fixed bug with is_day by checking bad dates and redirect, instead of 404ing.
- Avoid using the *_exists() functionality on ncFTPd servers
- Allow a WP_Error return from register_new_user()
- Hide the custom header image preview unless an image is set
- Add signup_id primary key to $wpdb->signups
- Fix issue with deleting terms shared across taxonomies from deleting associated nav menus
- Cast $labels to array in get_taxonomy_labels() and _get_custom_object_labels() to avoid failure
- Correct rewrite tag for hierarchical post types without a query_var.
All closed issue are here: http://trac.wordpress.org/query?status=closed&milestone=3.7
We encourage you to download, install and test new version.